Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Return of Alex's SPE

Once upon a time, we started this blog to help document our journey of self publishing and to help others who were starting out on the journey. Mia had started with Waking Up in Bedlam and I had started with Black and White Desires (originally titled In Black and White). Mia and I were both gearing up to publish...and then we were contracted with Ellora's Cave for another project— officially making us both hybrid authors. Because of the contract, I was required to submit Black and White to Ellora's Cave. Here's where things get tricky....

Over eight months went by without any progress on my edits on Black and White. I never received them. Through a series of e-mails, I got my rights back. That's all I'm going to say about the situation, because I don't believe in bad mouthing.

That being said, with some wonderful support I was able to get Black and White ready and out in a short amount of time. It is now up on Amazon, ARe, and Smashwords. This book is so near and dear to my heart that I was so excited to get it out in the public. So I'm officially back on the Indie (well Hybrid) band wagon. I'll be testing out marketing, take overs, public events, and anything else I can think of. I already have a book trailer and I'm working with a PR group to start getting the word out there!

Black and White Desires

Blurb: Erika’s world is turned upside down when she agrees to a photography job for Landon, a sexy archeologist with a passion for control. When he hires her for a shoot of a different nature, a BDSM demonstration on submission, Landon takes her into a lifestyle that has only been a curiosity for her. She must learn to let go of her control to follow her desire to submit. Can Erika come to terms with what she needs from Landon and learn to give up the control she clings to?

No comments:

Post a Comment